This was the dress I made before I completed the lolita apron dress.
For some reason, I wanted to make a loose lolita dress. I had the idea of making a dress which I could wear under any overdress or skirt. So it had to be made from durable fabric which was not too fussy.
As every Otome no Sewing comes to the rescue and this time it is book 6.
I didn't have a fabric in my collection which would be suitable for making this dress and I thought it would be one of those projects where I would be looking for the fabric for a long time.
However luck would have it, one of my favourite haberdashery shops in Belfast was selling some cotton fabric and one just stood out from the rest.
It was a lovely herringbone weave cotton with white dots printed on top. It was lovely and I brought the remaining 3 metres of it without battering an eye.
Funny thing is that it was only when I got home when I realised that the fabric was similar to the one used in the book. Clearly a sign!
Yeah no photos I'm afraid. Was just too excited to make it.
Yeah one sack dress!
This is the first dress I made which has such a high "waist" line. I thought it would make me look pregnant but it didn't. Maybe it is the overall look that helped.
Unlike any of my other lolita dress, no bow!
Lovely sailor collar.
I was quite please with my cornering skills.
Pockets because we can't live without them.
Sleeve details. Just the cotton trim something simple but very striking.
The original design was a bit too short for my liking and it didn't occur to me during pattern drafting that this needed to be lengthen so I went with the easy option and added some frills.
Which was a good choice as I think it made it less look like a pregnancy dress.
Once I finished making the dress, it dawned on me that it also makes a lovely summer jacket. So this this actually the most useful clothing item I have made to date.