23 May 2010

Cherry Blossom Series

After a whole week of intensive revision, I thought it was time to complete my Cherry Blossom Series. This will be my last set of kanzashi designs that I will put together until Art in the Garden event is over as I have a lot of basic stock to make before the event. Not too mention I will need to do a couple of professional exams in June, go on holiday straight afterwards and then find a flat in Sheffield in July. Phew it doesn't sound much but there is a bit to organise and I can't do any of it until my exam is over.

Anyway, I was getting side track......

First my designs.

Cherry crescent



Cherry fall



Cherry bow



These kanzashi were made from the cherry blossom flowers from the previous post and I always wanted to make kanzashi from cherry blossoms. Not sure why but I do.

Well this is how they turned out.

Cherry crescent



Cherry fall



Cherry bow



Surprisingly, this series was harder to arrange then my previous kanzashi arrangements but I am pleased with the overall design. Some of the flowers are not as circular as I hoped but this was the first time I used this fabric and the later flowers I made look a lot better.

Hope you enjoy them!

No comments: