7 September 2010

Finally recovered from the weekend!

Wow what a hectic weekend!

For all you people who do not know, I had a stall at the Art in the Garden event in Sheffield Botanical Garden selling my kanzashi. Although I didn't sell out (which I didn't expect too), I received a lot of positive comments for my creations with many people saying that it is nice to see something different. Also quite a few of my business cards were taken so hopefully they will become future orders!

Of course to receive maximum attention I had to wear one of my bold kimono and what better then my new purple yabane ko-furisode. My helper for the weekend, April (who was kind enough volunteer her time and effect) also brought along her kimono to wear. So a big thank you to April!

Unfortunately I don't seem to have any photos of myself in kimono despite spending a total of 17 hours in kimono (which is a record for me). Never mind but I did notice a lot of people taking pictures of April and I, so one is bound to pop up on flickr for me to copy (I hope).

Anyway, now I have the long task of listing my kanzashi onto my etsy shop which I'm looking forward too.

4 comments:

shigatsuhana said...

It was great fun Isla! You and Dave were wonderful hosts. :) I have plenty of pictures on flickr from the event so feel free to take and use whatever you like.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shigatsuhana/sets/72157624893858636/

Kitty Kanzashi said...

Oh dear the only one you have of me is the one where I was wearing trainer. What a fashion disaster!

shigatsuhana said...

Yes, it was the only full-body kimono shot I had of you. I should have had you pose after you took my photos.

Walter said...

The kanzashi look beautiful. Nice weather too. Good luck with the shop.