9 October 2017

Stumpwork Embroidery - Wired flowers - part one.

I have been meaning to try this type of embroidery out for ages but never got round to it.

However I finally found some time in my schedule and I'm going to give it a try.

I already had all the materials in my sewing room so starting it was not a problem.

I also brought a couple of books on it to give me an idea of how to start.  So I decided to start with a sakura or cherry blossom because I had all the floss colours.

So first thing first I need to couch some wire around the edge of the flower.



As I was sewing it down it became obvious that I should have used thinner wire.  However now it is done we will continue.

Now to actually start the embroidery.


And after a couple more days I have finished one outline.


No comments: