21 March 2011

Roger Penrose talk on cosmology

Deep down I am still a physicist so when my partner got an email inviting him to a talk by Roger Penrose we could not say no.

So who is this Roger Penrose? Wikipedia to the rescue here!


His talk was quite a general one detailing what he was looking at and what he hope to prove however no technical details because one, that would have been too hard for the audience and two, he had just published his results and didn't want to go through it yet.

I was going to wear a kimono but since the talk was late afternoon, I felt it was a bit too informal and casual for a kimono. Therefore just wore the usual jeans and t-shirt (standard uniform for a student/postgrad).

The talk made we realise how much I missed learning physic at university.

No comments: