25 September 2011

First attempt on Red Velvet Cake.

Everyone talks about them and since my partner has to organise seminars for his maths department, he normally volunteers to make the first batch of cakes for the tea and coffee afterwards.

By volunteering, this normally means me making something that 20 people can eat and survive therefore this time I made red velvet fairy cakes.


I had to try 5 of them to make sure they were nice enough but then most cake taste nice when they are warm.


But you can not have red velvet cupcakes with frosting and taking my friend's advice I made butter roux frosting.  This frosting is a lot lighter then the standard cream cheese frosting and because you mix in a roux mixture to bulk out the butter and sugar frosting, it is marginally healthier!  


Now to combine the two together.

No comments: