12 September 2011

Kimono Challenge Tag #6

1. How did you discover and got into kimono? 
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).

4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don't like about kimono. 
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that... 
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can't get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears. 
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration. 
11. Your kimono collection. 
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.



What do you like and don't like about kimono. 


The best thing about kimono is the variety styles and materials available.  Really I can't think of any other garment that has such variety!

From the heavy decorated furisode.


To the teal ro iromuji.


There is a kimono for everyone's taste.  

Another thing that I love is that you can create lots of new outfits from one kimono.  Lets take my polka dot kimono which I love.

I first wore it with a black ro obi with a pink and white obi-age and pink obi-jime.


Then with a little bit of lace and a different obi, obi-age and obi-jime it is a completely different.


I really should wear my kimono more often but it would mean buying more obi.

Now the pet peeves!  The amount of accessories you need to have before you put it on.  It took me ages to buy or make all the correct kitsuke items to wear a kimono which meant a lot of time and effort.

Then of course once you start buying kimono, it becomes an addiction!  This was my collection after only a year and a bit.


Since this photo I have brought a few more pieces but when I look back at it I must have been mad or something.  True I have worn pretty much everything at least once in this photo but if I did the same thing with western clothes I think I would be broke.  Thank god for Ebay bargains.

2 comments:

Cuttlefishlove said...

Great entry! I don't feel quite so bad about my own spiralling kimono addiction now! ;)

Kitty Kanzashi said...

I had disposable income and space in my wardrobe. That was my downfall.