25 June 2012

I love kanzashi - USA kusudama

I really do love making kanzashi so I am going to show one off every other day.

Here is the first one which I based on the USA flag.

USA kusudama

I was inspired to make this because of my lovely American friend!  I also make a Union Jack one as well for her but that is another post.


Even though the design turned out just like I imagine, I was still amazed how it looks.  Even with spiralling nature of the design, you can still see the USA flag design perfectly well and the shiny diamanté provide the perfect stars on the flag.


I did actually think about putting on 50 stars but then it dawned on me that this would be impossible so I just put enough on to give the impression of the stars on the flag.

1 comment:

Jullianna B said...

Lovely! Simply adorable!