30 January 2012

Japanese Kanzashi Flower Hairclip - Indigo Dream


What kanzashi shall I show you now! 

How about this pair of tsumami kanzashi flower hairclips made from a navy-blue coloured cotton fabric? 

* One of a kind
* Colour - navy blue with blue streaks.
* Size - 3cm (wide) by 4cm (height) by 1cm (depth)
* Mount - alligator clip
* Suitable for all hairtypes and hairstyles

If you have questions about this kanzashi, please feel free to contact me, I am happy help you

Did you like this kanzashi then why not have a look at my kanzashi hairbands http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittykanzashi?section_id=7338380


*** Tsumami Kanzashi ***

Once the pursuit of the royal maidservants, "tsumami kanzashi" or "pinching hair accessories" have long been worn for centuries by Japanese women to decorate their ornament hairstyles. Nowadays they are mainly worn on special occasions or by artists called maiko and geiko.

Each petal is made from one square of fabric carefully folded using tweezers and then delicately arranged onto a base to create the flower of choice. Precision is key with this tsumami technique and many hours of practice (and patience) is required to be able to produce these flowers. Howwever once mastered, this technique offers the artisan the freedom to create unique flowers which are as charming as the real object which will never wither away.

*** Other information ***

I accept custom orders for all sort of accessories (like fascinators, hairbands, brooches, etc), please convo me for requests

The little red box in the picture is for display purpose only and not for sale. If you would like the little red box with your purchase then convo me and I will give you my prices.

No comments: