24 January 2012

Wedding dress - Georgina by Joanne Fleming

Since it became fashionable to go vintage, I have seen a increase in very cute cocktail style wedding dresses.  And I can see why they are becoming popular!

Cocktail dresses conjures up an image of an era where all women were very feminine and that there was no such thing as an unattractive lady (just a lazy one!).   And if you love dresses then at some point in your life you must have wanted to spin round wearing a full circle dress.  I know I have!

Here is a perfect example from Joanne Flemming Design.





Why I love it?

It is a dress full of messages.  It is a refined dress which would not look out of place at a lovely church while at the same time shows off the bride's eccentric personality.

The best thing about cocktail dresses is the fact they are cocktail dresses so you can wear it again for a fancy party!  I know there are people out there who would shout abuse at me for saying that but I don't care.  If you are going to spend that amount of money on a dress then why not wear it again, it just makes sense in my eyes.

Hmmm problems.

Cocktail dresses will pretty much fit any body shape and size.  So long as you buy the right length petticoat which is one problem.  Unless it has a built in petticoat, you will need to make sure that you get one or your dress will be very flat.

And while you are wearing the dress, just be careful that you are in control of your skirt and petticoat because a gust of wind will blow your dress up and you do not want to reveal everything to your guest.

1 comment:

Kitty Kanzashi said...

What sort of details would you like to know about the dress?

I would love to try these dresses on so I can give a real opinion on how the dress looks, feels and point out areas where they are not perfect for me.